Wednesday 18 April 2007

Letter of Support from John Whittingdale OBE, MP

In a letter dated 7 February 2007, John Whittingdale, Member of Parliament for Maldon and East Chelmsford wrote:

"I was interested to hear about your plan to walk from London to Istanbul in order to raise awareness of European heritage. As Chairman of the House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee, I take a close interest on heritage matters and recently initiated a debate in Parliament on this subject.

I am very happy for you to use a quote from me in support of the project - perhaps: "The countries of Europe have an extraordinarily rich and diverse heritage which we often do not appreciate enough. I welcome Paul Gardner's imaginative project to raise awareness and at the same time, to raise money for two very deserving causes. I wish Paul every success."

With best wishes,

Yours Sincerely,

John Whittingdale

No comments: