Wednesday 5 September 2007

Blog: Pictures from Plovdiv.

Dear all,

Having arrived in a fantastic hostel in the wonderful city of Plovdiv, with free internet access, I've managed to post loads of pictures from Serbia and Bulgaria. So enjoy.
If I sound a little over the top, it's because this place is so friendly and restful after a very tough four days of walking along main roads. I've also booked my ticket home. I plan to arrive in Istanbul on the 21 September so if anyone wants to come and meet me, I will be there until the 27th.

I'm getting used to Bulgaria now. Although the language is similar to Serbian, the prounciation and some of the vocab is different and I've had to relearn key phrases. Bulgarians shake their heads for "no" and nod for "yes" which is also very confusing. Most Bulgarians are helpful and polite, some are grumpy and rude, but some Bulgarians are amazingly friendly, welcoming and kind.
I'm getting a little sick of the food - endless reconstituted meat patties in various shapes, cucumbers and tomatoes galore, and foul tripe soup.
But in Plovidiv there's a great restaurant where you can see you dish before you pick it - hooray Kavarma stew and rice with vegetables!

Next blog from Turkey!

No comments: