Monday 14 May 2007

Hello.

Over a week after I left London, here is my first blog update. It is thanks to a wonderful couple that I am staying with in Poperinge, in the far Western extreme of Belgium. After camping in France it is a welcome treat to stay in the luxurious comfort of a guesthouse.
So far the walk has gone well. There has been up and down moments. But I'm confident that I can make it to Brussels by the end of the week.
That you for all the sponsorships I can see that they are still coming through.
So far, I have crossed the green hills of Kent, stopping at several welcoming pubs along the way.
The last couple of days have been across wind-swept Flanders.
My Portuguese friend Joao has walked with me for a couple of days in France, for which I thank him for enormously. If anyone else fancies coming to join me they are more than welcome!

I've ditched my Pedometer, but the rest of the equipment is good and useful. I've loosened my boots so that I'm not being crippled...
It's grey but cool. Hopefully, next blog from Brussels. Watch this space. Poperinge is a very cute town with a lovely name.

Dag

Paul

No comments: